- 5 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup of unsalted raw brazil nuts
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Mix all ingredients in a high speed blender until you form a fine crumb. It’s best to use the pulse function on your blender as it’s easy to over blend, making the nuts turn to a butter.
- Blending time depends on the power of your blender. If using a powerful machine like a Vitamix or Thermomix, then 15 seconds will be enough. For something less heavy duty you may need to blend for 30 seconds or more.
- The above ingredients will make a small bowl, probably enough as a topping on six serves of pasta.
- Another nut option is cashews – creates a slightly lighter and sweeter parmesan.
- To make a bigger batch simply increase the ingredients in equal quantities. The parmesan can keep in an air tight container in the fridge for up to two to three months.