Blueberry Vanilla Cupcakes
I’m constantly looking for quick, easy and low sugar treats our family can indulge in. This recipe would have to be the most simple cake by far. It is refined sugar, dairy and egg free (100% vegan) and delicious.
There are some key ingredients I use in most of my sweets that you will see listed below. Let me explain why I choose these. My choice of flour is usually wholemeal however sometimes, white flour works best, especially for these vanilla cupcakes they really are more delicious with white flour. When choosing a white flour opt for unbleached flour.
- 250 grams white spelt plain flour or 1 1/3 cups
- ½ teaspoon bicarb soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup soy milk or nut milk
- ¾ cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- Blend milk and apple cider vinegar – it will froth up slightly. Allow sit for a few minutes.
- In a bowl mix dry ingredients. Then fold in wet ingredients.
- Once mixed in thoroughly add frozen blueberries.
- Pour into cupcake molds and bake for approximately 15 – 20 minutes on 180 degrees.