Spaghetti with Roast Cauliflower and Tomato
I’ve grown to love cauliflower over the last couple of years. As I kid I remember my mum trying so hard to get me to eat it and I just thought it was horrible. I totally underestimated this vegetable. For vegans it’s a magical ingredient. Use it to make vegan bechamel, it’s an alternative to rice and an all round delicious vegetable.
In this pasta dish the cauliflower is the hero. And roasted this way it’s juicy and soft, yet it creates a great texture throughout the spaghetti.
What I love most about this dish is how easy it is. There isn’t much cooking involved at all. It’s all about throwing a few basic ingredients together and then let the oven create all the goodness you deserve.
• Entire cauliflower
• 3 large vine ripened tomatoes
• ¼ cup Kalamata olives (pitted)
• ¼ cup semi-dried tomatoes
• 3 cloves of garlic
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• Hand full of freshly chopped parsley, rosemary and basil
• Teaspoon salt
- Cut the cauliflower into small chunks and finely dice the tomatoes. Add these to a roasting tray.
- Add to the cauliflower and tomato chopped garlic, pitted olives, salt, fresh herbs, olive oil. Mix well and then bake in oven for 25 minutes.
- Boil the spaghetti, strain and toss through the pasta sauce.