Raw Lime Cheescake Slice
Lime and coconut really are a match made in heaven. I’ve fallen in love with raw vegan desserts as I feel they are the healthiest version of a sugary treat, and I love that there are real, whole ingredients in them.
This slice is a family favourite. It looks absolutely beautiful and it’s not too sweet. The coconut, oat base is chewy and sweet at the same time, and the cashew and avocado cream work perfectly on top.
- 8 medjool dates
- 1 cup of oats
- 1 cup of desicated coconut
- 2 tablespoons of almond butter
- Juice from 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons of coconut cream
- 2 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 1 1/2 avocados
- 2 Limes
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut cream
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor until well combined and forms a wet crumb. If too dry add a bit of water.
- Pat mixture flat into a baking tray.
- Place in fridge whilst making the lime top.
- If you have time soak cashew nuts for a an hour or two. The benefit of soaking is to soften the nuts so it blends easier.
- Grate zest from two limes and juice the two limes.
- Add all ingredients and blend everything in a food processor until a smooth creamy mixture has formed.
- Depending on how strong you like the lime flavour, you may want to made more lime zest.
- Pour lime cashew cream over base and place in fridge to set.
- The slice is best served chilled.
This slice is perfect kept in the freezer. Be sure to freeze it cut in squares so you can grab a few out at at time. Best enjoyed when left to thaw for 10 minutes