Brown Rice and Lentil Salad
Some days, you just need a recipe that you can put together in a few minutes – literally! This is that recipe. A few simple ingredients, healthy and wholesome and no fuss. It can keep for days in the fridge so perfect as side dish or a quick an easy meal to pack for lunch.
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 cup (raw) french or puy lentils
- 1 red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice from one lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup flaked almonds
- Boil brown rice for 30 minutes or until cooked (brown rice takes some time to cook and usually has a firm like consistency once cooked).
- Boil french lentils for 20 minutes or until cooked – you can use can lentils.
- Once cooked mix together the rice and lentils.
- Chop red onion finely and add to lentils and rice.
- Prepare the dressing by combining the olive oil, lemon juice and salt.
- Chop the parsley finely and then add to rice and lentils along with dressing. Mix well.
- Dry roast the almonds and then add to salad.