Vegan Anzac Biscuits
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup desiccated coconut
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon flax meal and 3 tablespoons water)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix well to form a cookie dough.
- If the mixture is too wet and oily add more gluten-free flour.
- If it hasn’t formed well then add coconut oil (a teaspoon at a time).
- Roll the dough to form flat round shaped biscuits – ideally the size of the palm of your hand.
- Bake on a baking tray at 180 degrees for 15 – 18 minutes.