MOROCCAN FLAVOURS MASTERCLASS
Inspired by the incredible flavours of Morocco, this epic, plant-based cooking class will have you coming back for more. We’ll learn to make a Moroccan inspired feast, cook together in a small, intimate group and then sit down and enjoy our delicious banquet. In this class we’ll learn to make, from scratch, four dishes (all plant-based) as well as home made flat bread.
Spiced roast cauliflower, served on a bed of hummus and topped with almonds and lentils.
Roast dutch carrots served with baba ganoush, topped with corn and roast pistaccio nuts
Israeli/Pearl couscous with paprika roast vegetables (or wild rice for gluten free)
Eggplant and chick pea tomato stew
Home made flat bread
This is a hands on class limited to eight people, so be sure to get in quick.
If you require gluten free please advise as the class can be adapted to suit gluten free diet.
VEGAN GNOCCHI MASTERCLASS
Gnocchi is an absolute favourite dish for so many, and getting the texture and flavour right can be a bit tricky.
There isn’t a better way to spend half a day cooking and feasting on gnocchi. In this class we’ll learn how to make a three variations of gnocchi and three pasta sauces – all 100% plant-based.
And we’ll even whip up an almond, chocolate tart to indulge in after our gnocchi party.
- Spinach gnocchi with a creamy mushroom carbonara sauce
- Classic gnocchi with a classic tomato and basil sauce
- Sweet potato gnocchi with a roast tomato and garlic sauce
- Chocolate almond tart
This is a hands on class limited to eight people, so be sure to get in quick. This class can be modified for gluten free so please advise if you require gluten free.
CLASSIC INDIAN MASTERCLASS
Born into and Italian family, with my mum as the chef in our family restaurant, cooking Italian food has always been my passion and come so naturally for me. And then, rewind 17 years and I married into an Indian family, where my mother-in-law was the cook at their Indian take-away restaurants. It seemed food was my destiny.
I’m excited to bring this first ever class to you, as I share my mother-in-laws recipes, handed down several generations. It’s an absolute privilege to bring these recipes to life with my vegan spin.
- Potato and cauliflower pakora
- Coriander Chutney
- Broccoli and lentil dhal with coconut cream
- Traditional chole curry (chick pea)
- Home made roti bread
- Basmati rice infused with roast cumin and almonds
AUTHENTIC SILICAN MASTERCLASS
It’s natural that Wholesome Bellies features a couple of Italian classes – born and raised by Italian parents it’s in my blood and comes natural to me. My mum’s side of the family is from Sicily, and I’ve put together this class with a few of our families’ favourites.
- Olive, rosemary and garlic focaccia
- Caponata – a class Sicilian dish of eggplant, onions, peppers, tomato and seasoned herbs.
- Plant-based spicy Sicilian meatballs served a spicy tomato sugo
- Sautéed radicchio and fennel salad
- Rigatoni alla Norma (tomato sauce with crispy fried eggplant)
- Vegan cannoli with vanilla and chocolate custard
This is a hands on class limited to eight people, so be sure to get in quick.
RUSTIC ITALIAN MASTERCLASS
- Tomato and olive risotto arancini balls
- Garlic and rosemary polenta chips
- Green goodness dipping pesto
- Zucchini ravioli filled with vegan ricotta, baked in a classic tomato sugo
- Chocolate espresso cake
Italian food is my absolute passion – it’s what comes natural to me. We’ll work together to create some incredible Italian food, using recipes from my mother and grandmother, with a vegan twist. This class is a true feast with entree, main and dessert.
This class can be catered for gluten free – please advise if you require gluten free.
LITE AND BRIGHT MASTERCLASS
This class in one of my all time favourites. Learn to create healthy, wholefood recipes that are nourishing, full of flavour and can be served to anybody with ultimate success.
This class is about using whole-food incredible ingredients with loads of flavour to create light meals that will make you feel healthier and and brighter. And if you’ve over indulged lately and looking for some new healthy recipe ideas, this class is perfect to get some healthy mealy options into your weekly repertoire.
This class is gluten free.
- Vegan ricotta and zucchini fritters
- Medley of roast vegetables served on a bed of baby spinach topped with a green goodness pesto
- Kale and roast Moroccan chick pea salad, with a creamy tahini salad dressing
- San choy bow with lemon and coriander dressing
- Smashed pea and mint, garlic infused bruschetta
- Lemon polenta cake
I’m so excited to bring this incredible vegan dessert class to you. There are so many incredible vegan desserts available without missing the diary and refined sugar. In fact, I believe vegan desserts just taste so much better!
This class is ideal for someone that loves desserts and looking for some easy desserts to create at home or impress your friends and family with.
- Orange and almond cake with raspberries
- Chocolate hazelnut mousse cake
- Classic vegan choc chip cookies
- Chocolate mint slice
- Passionfruit raw slice
I’d have to say that Mexican food would have to be hands down, one the best cuisines when inspired by plants. I’ve eaten at many Mexican restaurants and the plant-based version of the classic dishes are incredible. I’ve grabbed my favourite Mexican flavours and given them a Wholesome Bellies flavour! I truly hope you love this class as much as I loved creating it for you.
- Cauliflower tacos with authentic pico de gallo
- A twist on the traditional coleslaw with vegan mayo
- Roast capsicum and tomato rice
- Baked black bean enchiladas with a spicy enchilada sauce
- Classic guacamole
- Charred corn ribs with chipotle mayo
NORTH INDIAN THALI CLASS
My in-laws are from North India, and I’ve been so fortunate to learn from the best! My mother-in-law was the chef at her own Indian restaurants in Queensland for years and is one talented woman! These recipes are authentic and guaranteed to impress.
The word “thali” means plate and is an old custom. It’s essentially a traditional meal that’s served with up to 10 varieties of dishes in small round bowls called katoris. They are arranged on a big plate known as a thali. This Thali meal is a combination of my in-laws favourite dishes.
- Dosa with potato masala
- Sambar (classic dhal that is served with dosa)
- Lemon rice
- Eggplant and chickpea curry with mustard seeds
- Coconut chutney
- Potato and pea samosa
CHRISTMAS IN JULY
This Christmas class last year was a hit, so much so the requests to repeat it have been huge. So here we are – Christmas in July!
Why not! This is an Italian inspired class and perfect feast when entertaining as most meals can be prepared ahead of time and as you enjoy time with your guests let the oven do all the cooking!
- Vegetable loaded lasagna with a home made tomato sugo and creamy home-made vegan cheese and bechemal
- Roast tomatoes filled with a basil and tomato flavoured arborio rice served with rosemary roast potatoes
- Rocket, fennel and pomegranate salad
- Mushroom garlic bruschetta with a cannellini bean puree
- Chocolate panna cotta served with a home-made raspberry coulis
PARENT AND TWEEN/TEEN PIZZA MASTERCLASS
One of my greatest joys is teaching kids to cook and seeing the excitement in their eyes when they realise how easy it is to create healthy meals from scratch.
This class is designed as an activity for parents and kids (during the school holiday period). It’s an incredible opportunity to pass on some valuable life skills and create memorable, quality moments for your kids.
In this class we’ll make everyone’s favourite – pizza. We’ll make the pizza dough from scratch and create some incredible pizza combination, all 100% vegan. And we’ll also whip up a quick chocolate vegan panna cotta for dessert.
This class is suitable for kids 10 years and over and must be booked in with an adult. You can book in more than one child with one adult. Classes limited to a total of eight people.
- Pizza Patate – classic Italian roast potato and rosemary
- The Moroccan – home-made hummus base topped with pumpkin, red onion, spinach and pinenuts
- Green Garden – Pesto base topped with asparagus, pea and grated zucchini and vegan mozzarella
- Margarita – Classic tomato base with vegan mozzarella, fresh basil and tomato
- DESSERT – Chocolate Panna Cotta
- We’ll also make the hummus and pesto from scratch (teaching the kids a couple of additional simple recipes)