Espresso Chocolate Tart
This dessert combines my two loves chocolate and coffee. Seriously what more could you ask for. It’s the perfect combination of two of life’s simple pleasures.
It’s moorish, and ticks all of the boxes.
- 50 grams of coconut oil
- 200 grams pretzels (for gluten free opt for gluten free pretzels)
- 8 medjool dates, pitted
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 300 grams silken tofu
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 shots of espresso coffee
- 150 grams dark chocolate
1. Melt the coconut oil.
2. All to melted coconut oil all ingredients in food processor until a wet crumb forms. If the mixture is too dry add a little bit more melted coconut oil.
3. Pat mixture into the bottom of a tart cake tin until you have a flat even base. Place in freezer whilst making chocolate mousse.
- Make the shots of coffee and set aside too cool.
- Melt the dark chocolate.
- Blend together the melted chocolate, tofu, maple syrup and coffee.
- Pour the mousse over the pretzel base and place in the freezer to set.
- Best left in the freezer and removed 20 minutes before serving.
- Serve on own or with fresh berries.
Not a coffee lover? All good, simply remove the coffee from the recipe and it will be perfect you. xx