Chocolate Chip Cookies - Gluten Free
- 2 flax eggs
- 1 ½ cups almond meal
- 1 cup gluten free plain flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Pinch salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Make the flax eggs by mixing two tablespoons flax meal with 6 tablespoons water. Can substitute for eggs if you wish.
- Place all ingredients (except chocolate chips) in a bowl and mix with a spoon. It’s best to add the coconut oil solid, however in summer months this won’t be possible. You may need to add a little more flour if the mixture is too wet.
- Once mixed well and has formed a cookie dough, mix with hands and add chocolate chips.
- Form small round balls and bake at 180 degrees on baking paper for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Place on cooling rack to cool down.