Berry Granola Raw Cheesecake
All of my family members go crazy for anything sweet and berry. They say it’s a perfect combination. To be honest, I’m a chocolate and peanut butter girl, through and through, but I must say, I did enjoy this cake. I love using granola as the base to my raw cheesecakes. Depending on the granola you use it can totally change the flavour of the entire dessert. And you guessed it, I used peanut crunch granola for this cake.
It’s fresh, light and a perfect summer treat. And on my, it’s so pretty!
- 1 ¼ cups of raw cashews (preferably soaked)
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 1 cup coconut cream
- ½ cup maple syrup
- Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor, until it forms a crumb that holds together.
- Pat mixture down into a 20cm round flan tin (one where the bottom pops out). Use fingers to spread mixture out evenly on base and around sides of flan tin.
- Place in freezer to set whilst making the top.
Depending on the power of your blender you may need to blend for quite some time. I use a thermomix and it forms together very quickly. Any blender will work but you may need to be more patient.
Depending on the granola you use, your mixture may be too dry and require a bit more water. It really depends on how much fat your granola has. The more nuts and fat in your granola, the easier your crumb will come together.
- Soak cashews in water for up to an hour (the longer the better). This will help make your top nice and smooth. It will work without soaking but will take longer to get a smooth consistency.
- Add all ingredients into a food processor and blender and blend until you form a smooth consistency. When adding coconut cream (don’t shake the can) instead open up can and skim the thicker part of the cream off the top. You don’t want to add too much liquid.
- Place mixture onto base and place in freezer to set.
This dessert is best kept in the freezer and removed about 30 minutes before serving to thaw out.