This versatile, Middle Eastern dip is one of my absolute favourites. If you love hummus, then you’re going to love the smokey, and garlic flavours of this eggplant dip.
With only a handful of ingredients, you’ll whip this up in no time. Enjoy as as dip with pita chips or crackers or as a base on a roast vegetable dish.
Check out my roast carrot Moroccan inspired dish HERE and pair this baba ganoush with the roast carrots to create and incredible, mouth watering dish.
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 clove garlic
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup of tahini
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the eggplant on the tray and with a fork poke holes around entire eggplant.
- Roast eggplant for 30 – 40 minutes depending on the size. You will know the eggplant is ready when it starts to collapse in on itself and the skin wrinkles up.
- Set the eggplant aside and once cool, peel the skin off.
- Place peeled eggplant along with the rest of the ingredients in a food processor or high-speed blender and blend until smooth. If too thick simply add a little bit of water.
- Based on your taste buds and preferences you may choose to adjust the amount of garlic and lemon.