My love affair with vegetables continues with this incredible roast carrot dish. Inspired by Moroccan flavours, this combination of roasted flavours is quiet incredible.
These dutch carrots, and the introduction of purple carrots is not only aesthetically pleasing, but also sweet and savoury at the same time.
Served on a bed of baba ganoush and then topped with corn and pistachio nuts, it truly is a memorable dish.
· 1 bunch Dutch carrots
· 2 large purple carrots
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1 teaspoon paprika
· 1 cob of corn
· ¼ cup pistachio nuts
· Half cup baba ganoush
1. Wash carrots and trim tops
2. Place carrots on a baking dish lined with baking paper. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and paprika.
3. Bake at 180 degrees until tender – approx. 20 minutes.
4. Boil or steam the cob of corn for five minutes. Once cooled remove the kernels and set aside.
5. Finely chop pistachio nuts.
6. To plate the dish, spread the baba ganoush across bottom of entire plate. Lay the roast carrots on the baba ganoush and top with corn and pistachio nuts.