Raspberry Vanilla Loaf
I absolutely love this simple, loaf cake. It’s light, fluffy and a perfect afternoon tea type of loaf.
It also ticks so many boxes, being gluten-free, and vegan. And the most important box it ticks is deliciousness. It’s great served at room temperature and especially divine warmed up with a side of vegan ice-cream, and a cup of tea of coffee. What are you waiting for? Let’s get baking.
- 2 flax eggs
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup coconut plain yoghurt
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 ½ cups plain gluten flour
- 1 ½ cups almond meal
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Make the two flax eggs by mixing two tablespoons of flax meal with 6 tablespoons water. Let sit for two minutes to thicken.
- In a large bowl mix in almond milk, maple syrup, coconut sugar, yoghurt, olive oil, vanilla and flax eggs.
- Then add the flour and baking soda and fold in gently to form a cake batter.
- Gently fold in the fresh raspberries being careful not to over mix.
- Pour into a greased loaf tin and top the load with fresh berries and sprinkle with coconut sugar.
- Bake for 50 minutes at 180 degrees.