Chocolate Raspberry Brownie
These chocolate brownies would have be to me by go to sweet treat when I’m after a decadent chocolate heavenly bite. They are a quick make, a one bowl wonder and then a quick oven back and you have fresh, gooey, brownies.
The brownies are also gluten free which I know for many is an absolute must and topped with fresh raspberries makes it the ultimate in dessert heaven. Add your own twist but adding nuts – hazelnuts and walnuts are a divine option!
- 4 flax eggs
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup of coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup cacao
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 punnet fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup flaked almonds
- Make flax egg by mixing each tablespoon of flax meal with 3 tablespoons water. Once prepared set aside.
- Melt coconut oil and set aside.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl including the flax eggs and mix with a wooden spoon. The mixture will be quite thick.
- Once it’s well combined, add chocolate chips and mix again.
- Use a rectangle slice tin (about 25cm long) and line with baking paper. If you want your brownie’s thicker then use a smaller tin. A square tin works well too.
- Place the brownie mixture in the tin and spread out evenly.
- Place fresh raspberries on top pushing them into the mixture about halfway. Sprinkle with flaked almonds.
- Bake in oven at 180 degrees for approximately 20 minutes. As all ovens operate a little differently, you’ll be best guided by placing a skewer into the brownie and when it comes out clean the brownie is ready.